Q: How do we proceed on the path of meditation?
A. If you want to proceed on the path of meditation, you should not just hold on to the guru. Following in the footsteps of great human beings and meditators, we have to become meditation gurus. We have to choose the content according to the taste. Just as food and rest are needed to replenish the decay of the body, so meditation is needed to replenish the decay of the mind. Meditation is essential for the fullness of life. Not only that, meditation plunges people into the deep ocean of bliss. To that joy, the joy of external worship-festival is very insignificant. Just as the light of a firefly is insignificant to the light of the moon. Meditation takes us from the land of death to the nectar world, from decay to immortality, from darkness to the path of light. Worship – Worship Yajna – Whatever we do, the main goal is contact with God. Meditation easily gives that God touch.
||Definition of Pranayama||
Breathing, stopping and exhaling in a special way by concentrating on breathing is called pranayama. Ayam of life or comfort pranayama. Dimension means stop or control. = Pranayama practice increases the efficiency of the heart and lungs, eliminates respiratory defects. Pranayama calms the mind. It increases mental concentration. Pranayama is the mother of meditation.
|| Types of pranayama ||
There are four types of pranayama
1. Easy Pranayama – basically deep breathing and exhalation. Sometimes you don’t have to hold your breath.
2. Mild Pranayama – Hold your breath for some time between inhaling and exhaling. It is necessary to practice simple pranayama for some time before this pranayama practice.
3. Vedic Pranayama – This pranayama is favorable for attainment in sadhana. In this, one has to meditate and chant mantras while remembering Ishtadevata.
4. Rajyoga Pranayama – In this pranayama one has to hold one’s breath for a long time. By this pranayama the devotee is endowed with various miraculous powers.
|| Benefits of Pranayama ||
1. Sit in the lotus position and breathe deeply through the nose. After full inhalation, continue to exhale vigorously, repeatedly, as if blowing through the mouth. Care should be taken not to breathe through the mouth between the two puffs. Do it 5/6 times a day. Asthma is cured.
2. Cold – To cure cough and bronchitis, sit in the lotus position and lean your head slightly backwards and hold your nose firmly. When breathing is complete, lightly press the chin to the chest and exhale quickly with both nostrils, there will be a sound while exhaling. Breathe in with your head slightly tilted back and your chin resting on your chest. Leave. Do 1 stop for 2 minutes.
3. To increase digestion, try to move the abdomen towards the spine as much as possible while sitting in the lotus position. Then relax the abdomen and chest while exhaling. Do this 10/12 times in a row.
4. To reduce high blood pressure, take a deep breath at a very slow pace with your nose while sitting in Padmasana or any other meditation posture. Then exhale slowly through the mouth. Keep your eyes closed for 2/3 minutes continuously. Breathe through two nostrils.
5. Stay upright with both knees bent in a blue downward position to boost memory. Fold both hands close to the chest. As you inhale, gently tilt your head and upper body backwards, exhale and straighten your knees. Inhale after doing 7/8 times.
6. Lie down on your back to get rid of rheumatism. Keep both hands On both sides of the body. Breathe in with both hands straight behind the head. Then return to the previous position by exhaling. Do this 15/20 times.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.